can i get an annulment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa22

Hi, Im a 24 year old English girl. I married an Albanian man over 3 years ago, unfortunately things did not work out for us and i have not seen him since we've been married as he could not come back over to England with me. Now i have a family with a different guy and am still married, i was hoping i could get an annualment as we havent seen each other for such a long time, is this possible? I have no proof of our marriage (marriage cert) all the documents are in Albania, i have no contact with my husband, and no way of getting it. What can i do? Please help me as i would like to move on with my life and put this mistake behind me.

Hi, Im a 24 year old English girl. I married an Albanian man over 3 years ago, unfortunately things did not work out for us and i have not seen him since we've been married as he could not come back over to England with me. Now i have a family with a different guy and am still married, i was hoping i could get an annualment as we havent seen each other for such a long time, is this possible? I have no proof of our marriage (marriage cert) all the documents are in Albania, i have no contact with my husband, and no way of getting it. What can i do? Please help me as i would like to move on with my life and put this mistake behind me.

This forum is for U.S. Law only

I agree with Bay State. We don't know UK law. What happened that you have not heard from this man? Albania isn't a communist country anymore. They are backward but they do have phones. Why haven't you heard from him?

I know someone here is going to have a cow about this answer: If you doubt you will ever see him again ignore it. If you are really concerned about it, get a solicitor there in the UK to go to court and annul it. I would imagine that annulment is the process.

In the meantime are you sure he didn't marry you so that he can be legal in the UK. Are you sure this man isn't doing something nefarious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back