can i get a restraining order for this reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonemaster60

Can I have a restraining order filed against someone living in my home or apartment if they are causing me physical or emotional distress.

For example for the last few weeks I have been trying to evict my downstairs tenants and they have been causing me nothing but emotional and mental distress.

They refuse to pay the rent and they will NOT leave and they are constantly antagonizing my children's friends. They are currently in eviction proceedings with us since the beginning of January for non-payment of rent and refusal to pay rent. But this is another long story which I won't go into.

I am physically disabled with SCAD (severe coronary artery disease) and the medicine I take is not working to control my BP or heart rate because I am under such stress from the situation. Basically 'Adult at risk' with emotional abuse.

Can I get a restraining order against my problem tenants because my wife and I and my family ALL know that this is causing my problems, possibly even an impending heart attack if the problem persists and I need further hospitalization. I have already had open heart surgery in October of 2007 for a heart attack and blocked arteries. This is an ongoing problem that can only get worse if the situation is not remedied.

I would hate to have to be admitted to the hospital this weekend when I have to go to court for the eviction hearing on Tuesday (February 3rd), but it's beginning to look that way if something can't be done real soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back