Can I find out how child support is being used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolythia444

I would like to know that is there is a way in the state of Fl, that i am able to subpoenae receipts or proof of purchases to make sure that my son is receiving his child support. There are 4 other children in the household, but i am only responsible for one, and I am concerned that his father may be using the money for personal expenses and not for my son's needs. How can I obtain this information?

No, you cannot. The money you pay to your ex for child support is not supposed to be set aside to be used ONLY for the things your child needs. It helps supplement the household income that pays for the mortgage, utilities, food, clothes, gas, car insurance, etc.

You can think of child support as a payment to the custodial parent to reimburse him for your share of the support he provides daily for your child. It is not money you are paying to your child.

Is the child?

. Fed
. Wearing clothes
. Has a bed to sleep in
. House/Apt to live in

etc etc then child is support is being used properly

Nothing you can do. He is free to spend the CS as he wishes. As long as the child is clothed, fed, and has a roof over his head, that is all that is required.

I receive both child support and Social Security for my child. That money is put into my checking account, out of which rent, utilities, car expenses, food, clothing, health insurance, toys, extra-curricular activities, and all of life's other expenses are paid. All of these expenses are for the benefit of my child, as well as for myself. If that money went directly to my child all we would have to show for it are rooms full of toys. Are you sure you understand the purpose of Child Support? If you are concerned that your child may not be getting enough spending money, you can always slip him a few extra buck on the sly.

I am not an attorney.

I would like to know that is there is a way in the state of Fl, that i am able to subpoenae receipts or proof of purchases to make sure that my son is receiving his child support. There are 4 other children in the household, but i am only responsible for one, and I am concerned that his father may be using the money for personal expenses and not for my son's needs. How can I obtain this information?
To the chagrin of all noncustodial parents, proof of how their payments are being used is not required.

famous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back