Can I file lien on real estate for compensation due?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky1thanx

An employer owes my son about $3,000. She has not paid him. Small claims calander is months away for a court date so son has no judgement yet. Employer is selling her home (she works out of it - mortgage business). Can my son file a lien on her property before it sells and before getting a judgement?

Thanx in advance.

PS - WA State

Last edited:
Only one thread

Please do not post a bunch of threads about one situation. It is very impolite and very confusing.

Before you post compose your question in notebook and then paste. Please be brief but include all revelant information. In this case we need to know why your son is owed the money. If it is a wage dispute then you need to take that up with the labor board in your state.

Now to your questions. Assuming it is a small claims case and your son is over 18 he will need to sign the forms and the court will serve the summons. Your son will have to be present for the trial. If you win you will receive a judgement which will then be your responsibility to collect in accordance with the laws of your state. You cannot do anything until the judgement is properly filed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back