Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Can I contact prosecutor to suggest rehab?


New Member
My mom is an alcoholic and she's way out of control. She recently got drunk in a public location and passed out in the middle of the street while watching my young nephew. He was found running around in the street when the cops arrived. She was charged with child endangerment and is awaiting trial.

My siblings and I are hoping her sentencing will involve rehab. Our worst fear is that they will not order treatment. Would contacting the prosecutor help? Could it backfire and end up landing her in jail?
I suggest the family contact her lawyer with your suggestions.
The last thing you want to do is contact the prosecutor.