Parole, Probation Can he get probation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arlayn

My son was found guilty of 7 counts of robbery in California (one was 4 people at the same time). He does not have any priors and was out on bail pending trial for 2 years. The judge revoked his probation and remanded him into custody Sentencing is in a couple of weeks. What is the liklihood that he will be granted (a) probation, (b) house arrest, or (c) minimal time with probation? Some said to ask for joint suspension. Do you know what that is? Any other suggestions would be great. Thank you.

It would be both wrong and unfair for us to speculate which is all it would be. If he has a Lawyer that question should be brought to him.

My son was found guilty of 7 counts of robbery in California (one was 4 people at the same time). He does not have any priors and was out on bail pending trial for 2 years. The judge revoked his probation and remanded him into custody Sentencing is in a couple of weeks. What is the liklihood that he will be granted (a) probation, (b) house arrest, or (c) minimal time with probation? Some said to ask for joint suspension. Do you know what that is? Any other suggestions would be great. Thank you.
No one can speculate on the likelihood of any of things because these vary widely by county due to staffing, funding, practice, etc. Robbery is a serious and violent crime and it is a strikeable offense. If found guilty of 7 counts, he could easily go to prison for this (I assume he is an adult as you mentioned bail).

What was he already on probation for? In other words, what was his prior offense?

I'd say his getting probation alone is very unlikely considering he committed a violent felony while out on probation from a prior crime! If he's lucky (and fi the public is not) he'll just get county jail time prior to serving at least three years of probation.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back