Can employer force me to work in another department

Status
Not open for further replies.

stressed0825

I work in city gov't & I was hired by resolution for PT 20 hours per week @ a certain payrate with a specific job duty/function. After 4 yrs, & many complaints to my boss about actions against me by a co-worker & others, with nothing being done, they have now cut my hrs to 15 hrs week without amending the resolution or passing a new one. This was the decision of 1 councilman (finance), others didn't know about it. There has been times I have not been paid for time worked outside the office when it was told to me that I would be by my boss. Then recanted after the work was done and said "I didn't know because you the rules because you are part time?" There are also different rules for FT & PT employees (Ft employees get paid for the day when the office closes for holiday party or snow day (I did get paid for 3 yrs and last year didn't), different rules year to year if I will get paid or not. One even get comp time to come in unauthorized ahead of time and make bows paid or not for a snow day etc.... There has been attacks on me by a fellow employee on my character, my work ethic, spread rumors of my having swine flu (where I was told not to come back to work and got locked out of the office when I did (I was recovering from severe food poisoning). Rumors were also spread that I was having an inappropriate relationship with another co-worker which could have affected my marriage. Now someone in another dept is out on extended sick leave & they said I have to go in & fill in in that office when needed in additionl to my current job duties. I'm not sleeping & am having anxiety attacks. PLEASE HELP! Is it true if I quit I can not collect my unemployment compensation or do I need to have a stress breakdown at very young age due to these working conditions. I can not afford to have no income.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back