1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Can dcs take my children because i am living with a friend until i can find a place of my own?

Discussion in 'Other Family Law Matters' started by Leslie perkins, Jul 31, 2017.

  1. Leslie perkins

    Leslie perkins Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I seem to be in the same situation. Except my husband and I are not estranged. We stumbled on bad luck and had to resort to living in a hotelier about a year. We then traveled back to Alabama where we had lived previously to try to find affordable housing. We were staying with a friend and dad came and took our daughter and placed her in foster care for a year. Then my 1st cousin in Louisiana took her and now is going for full adoption. His wife and him refuse to let us see or talk to her. Our daughter Was 4 yrs old at the time and is now 7. We also have a 23 yr old son and 20 yr old daughter and 2 yr old grandson. Our case has been a 3 ring circus. Laws are different in Louisiana and Alabama. The judge in Alabama was cruel degrading bias and unfair. We don't have an attorney. Also our 7 yr old was a miracle considering we had her after my husband became a paraplegic. Our case is still ongoing and and are clueless of what to do next.
  2. KatDini

    KatDini Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    If the state is seeking to terminate your rights, then an attorney is someone you absolutely must have to navigate the system.
  3. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    This is a link to AL child services, where you can educate yourselves and learn how to request a state appointed attorney:

    Alabama Department of Human Resources - Child Protective Services

    This is a link to LA child services, where you can educate yourselves and learn how to request a state appointed attorney:

    Department of Children & Family Services | State of Louisiana

    You can also search the internet for other helpful sites that discuss how to navigate the child services adversarial process.

    In whatever state that has abducted your child, you don't have to have your matter adjudicated by a child services administrative law judge or referee.

    You can DEMAND the matter be taken to state court (usually family court), before a judge and jury.

    Good luck....

    I hope you get your child(ren) back, but if that doesn't happen, you should endeavor to know where your child(ren) are being incarcerated, if they're safe, loved, educated, and nurtured.

    God bless....I wish there was more I could offer, but I'm just another poor citizen trying to keep food scraps on my table made of vegetable crates.

    Yes, it IS hard out here, so very hard for honest, decent Americans.

    Oh, one more thought.

    Contact your state and federal elected officials, congress, senate, governor, US Senators, US Congressperson, even President Trump.

    Write letters, and see if one of the big shots will help you.
  4. leslie82

    leslie82 Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I don't know how you let any of that happen. Your cousin should have never been able to just come and take her.

    Why has it been three years and your cousin still has her? Have you attempted to get her back in those three years?

    You need a lawyer. Yesterday.

Share This Page