Can CPS take unborn baby with open case?

Ticktok

Jurisdiction
Oregon
My three children were removed from my custody because I left them unattended. This was around 18 months ago. After doing everything possible only two or return home for 14 days then sent out to their father's house in Missouri. I am currently 36 weeks pregnant and have been asked by the worker to have a conversation about my unborn child that she will not specify why. Honestly a majority of this case has been very unjust and it is a cause of concern to me. This is the fifth case worker on this case and she is rather new to her position. My question is if our case is still open and my children are with their father can she invade my birthing? Is her needing to speak to me a cause of concern? I don't trust her and not planning on giving her my child's information to be another Child Apart of the system. Any advice?

My three children were removed from my custody because I left them unattended. This was around 18 months ago. After doing everything possible only two or return home for 14 days then sent out to their father's house in Missouri. I am currently 36 weeks pregnant and have been asked by the worker to have a conversation about my unborn child that she will not specify why. Honestly a majority of this case has been very unjust and it is a cause of concern to me. This is the fifth case worker on this case and she is rather new to her position. My question is if our case is still open and my children are with their father can she invade my birthing? Is her needing to speak to me a cause of concern? I don't trust her and not planning on giving her my child's information to be another Child Apart of the system. Any advice?

They cannot take future children unless they show that the child is at risk to harm in your care but you need to do what you can to fix the issue that caused the case and get it closed. They may not take the baby but they'll be checking on you if the case is still open.

Perhaps it's wise to not get pregnant when you have three kids taken from your custody...

They cannot take future children unless they show that the child is at risk to harm in your care but you need to do what you can to fix the issue that caused the case and get it closed. They may not take the baby but they'll be checking on you if the case is still open.

Perhaps it's wise to not get pregnant when you have three kids taken from your custody...

With knowing very little about me and how my pregnancy came about I don't believe passing judgment is needed to help someone. But thank you for your insight to the question that I originally asked.

With knowing very little about me and how my pregnancy came about I don't believe passing judgment is needed to help someone. But thank you for your insight to the question that I originally asked.

You understand that every response that suggests a different course of action would have been wiser is not "judgement", correct?

My three children were removed from my custody because I left them unattended. This was around 18 months ago.

Yes, leaving children UNATTENDED can very often result in the children being removed.

So far, I see nothing remarkable here, except you leaving your children unattended.

After doing everything possible only two or return home for 14 days then sent out to their father's house in Missouri.

In many cases, the children won't be returned to the parent from whom the state took the children.

I am currently 36 weeks pregnant and have been asked by the worker to have a conversation about my unborn child that she will not specify why.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.
You are free to tell the worker, sorry, I don't wish to speak with you.
You can't be compelled to speak with a social services worker, the FBI, a sheriff's deputy, or a police officer.

However, your failure to speak with this worker could result in matters being escalated.

Again, you do have rights.

I'll get to your rights soon.

Honestly a majority of this case has been very unjust and it is a cause of concern to me.

Yes, I'm sure this would upset anyone.
I know it would upset me, even if I didn't have my issues.

This is the fifth case worker on this case and she is rather new to her position.

I suspect you are new to the system, so this statement means little in a legal sense.
Moving along, because I think we are doing well.

My question is if our case is still open and my children are with their father can she invade my birthing?

She seems to be trying to invade your life.
Again, you have rights and we'll get tot that soon.
BTW, don't you think you and I are doing well.
I so, and this is amazing.
Most people dislike me, so I hope you don't disappoint me and dislike me.
Remember, I'm going to get some defenses soon, okay????

Is her needing to speak to me a cause of concern?

Yes, it would seem she wants to blindside you, again!!!!

I suspect its about your current pregnancy.

I still think we're doing well, do you?

Remember, i have some information you're going to love, so please be nice to me.

I become very unstable, unhinged, and agitated when people dislike me, okay?

I'm trying hard to help you.

I don't trust her and not planning on giving her my child's information to be another Child Apart of the system. Any advice?

Okay, here it is.

It was worth it, right?

Please read this:
http://www.oregon.gov/gov/policy/Documents/LRCD/Meeting3_121415/Parent_mentors/family-guide-2014.pdf
https://www.dhs.state.or.us/caf/safety_model/procedure_manual/ch08/ch8-section1.pdf

You need to ask for a lawyer.
You don't need to speak with the caseworker.
When you refuse, the state will likely take you to court.
In court, you can receive a court appointed lawyer to protect your rights.
You should have done that when the state was sniffing around about your children they took.
You should demand an attorney now to protect your unborn baby.
If you do this without a lawyer, you'll probably lose your unborn child, sooner or later.
A lawyer can help you protect that child, get help to become a better mother, maybe even get your three children returned.

You also need to remain calm for your unborn child's health and yours.

Make sure you are receiving proper medical care for you and your baby!!!

Back