1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Can cps take my son when he is born with a open case with another child?

Discussion in 'Other Family Law Matters' started by Worried-mom, May 19, 2017.

1. Worried-mom

Worried-mom Law Topic Starter Guest

Jurisdiction:
    Texas
    I have an open cps case due to the fact of my child testing positive for meth when born. I have been clean ever since and done all of cps family plan services. All I lack is a job which I am currently 38 weeks pregnant and companies tell me I am a liability but I will have a job once I give birth. I have passed every drug test they have given me. Will cps take my son once he is born even he will be healthy?

2. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

Theoretically, they CAN if they have reason to.

Whether they WILL or not is impossible to predict.

3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

This MIGHT prepare you for the storm that has been brewing over the last 38 weeks.

4430 Child Safety Issues; 4431 Prenatal Drug or Alcohol Exposure; 4432 Mother With AIDS or HIV Is Breastfeeding; 4433 Refusal of Medical Treatment Based on Religious Beliefs; 4434 Risk to a Child Exposed to a Methamphetamine Lab

4. leslie82

leslie82 Well-Known Member

Hopefully you read those - why on earth would you get pregnant again when you had one child taken away?