Can an ex-employer sue an ex-employee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

formeremployee7

I am a former employee of a privately held manufacturer of kitchen appliances. There are a LOT of disgruntled customers online stating failure of their products and the manufacturer will not do anything to help them.
I personally know that the company built and shipped inferior products, known to fail. I would like to offer my knowledge to disgruntled customers, in case they can use my info (or me) in a lawsuit against the company.
Question: If my ex-employer found out that I was supplying information to their disgruntled customers, is there anything they could do to me? Could that company sue me, etc? Thanks.

Usually, whistle blower statutes protect such conduct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, there's really nothing the company can do to me for spilling the beans about them shipping inferior products (for capital gain via joining with disgruntled customers)?

So, there's really nothing the company can do to me for spilling the beans about them shipping inferior products (for capital gain via joining with disgruntled customers)?

Why join with some online "rabble"?

Why not tell the government?

If you believe the company committed fraud or skulduggery, contact the state attorney general, the US Attorney in your area, or the Consumer Products Commission.

That way, the government will fit you with "body armor" (if you're telling the truth) and you're insulated by "whistle blower statutes"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back