Can a traffic warrant, get my green card renewal denied ?

I have my appointment for my finger prints soon! And I remember I have traffic warrants will this affect my renewal process ?

Outstanding active warrants leave you open to arrest anywhere, anytime, by any sworn law enforcement official.

I suggest you contact the court(s) and get your warrants taken care of before you go to be fingerprinted.

Otherwise, you could get arrested when they run your name through NCIC during the fingerprinting process.

As far as any negative impact on your green card renewal, you can ask these nice people:

www.uscis.gov

I have my appointment for my finger prints soon! And I remember I have traffic warrants will this affect my renewal process ?

Per the other discussion, general crimes involving moral turpitude are the type of crimes which may affect immigration issues and status. But if you've failed to pay traffic tickets and they have escalated to warrants, they are no longer just traffic tickets. As army judge says, you're left open to arrest and this is a serious issue. You're best served having this resolved at earliest.

Back