Can a pregnant 17 year old woman marry a 18 year old boy without parental consent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peacemaker125

I'm 17 and pregnant, turning 18 at the beginning of next year. The father and I are engaged to be married but our parents do not know and refuse the idea of me being with the father. I have not yet told my parents of my pregnancy. I would really like to get emancipated but I read that a pregnancy is not a good enough cause. So since the father and I are
Already engaged we are looking into marrige. But I would not get any consent from my parents, I have read that due to pregnancy in some states that the parental consent can be waived if the pregnancy can be prove. So I would like more information, to find out if the parental consent is waived In Washington or if there is another way around this.

I'm 17 and pregnant, turning 18 at the beginning of next year. The father and I are engaged to be married but our parents do not know and refuse the idea of me being with the father. I have not yet told my parents of my pregnancy. I would really like to get emancipated but I read that a pregnancy is not a good enough cause. So since the father and I are
Already engaged we are looking into marrige. But I would not get any consent from my parents, I have read that due to pregnancy in some states that the parental consent can be waived if the pregnancy can be prove. So I would like more information, to find out if the parental consent is waived In Washington or if there is another way around this.

The bride and groom must be 18 years of age or older in order to apply for a license without parental or guardian consent in Washington.

If the bride and/or groom are 17 years of age, they must have parental and/or legal guardian consent to apply for a marriage license. Parents/Legal Guardians may come in with the couple and be sworn in with them before signing the consent form on the back of the marriage application or they may sign a notarized statement of consent.

All persons under the age of 17 must have parent and/or guardian consent and must present a court order obtained from Family Court and signed by a District Court judge with a court seal on it. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule. Emancipated juveniles are still required to obtain a court order and/or parental consent--whichever applies.

All persons answering "yes" to the question "Are you under the control of a legal guardian?" MUST have their guardian's consent.

My suggestion, you'll be 18 in a few months.
You'll be as free as any other adult to make all the stupid choices you want.
So, why not sit back and wait?
Heck, 60, 90, even 120 days will whiz by, and you can do anything you want to do.
No one will ever order you around, ever.
Wait, and you can show them better than you could ever tell them!!

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

FYI, there is only one state left where parental consent is not absolutely necessary when the bride is pregnant, that one state is very, very far away from Washington, and even in that state judicial permission is required and the parents WILL be notified when the marriage license is applied for.

The days when a couple of teenagers could cross state lines and get married in another state without notifying their parents are gone....

There are differences in the times you can make physiological stupid choices and legal stupid choices. You have only reached the age where you qualify for one of those. Be patient, your time in the sun will be here soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back