Can a non-resident buy a home and repair it?

Question2020

Jurisdiction
Washington
So I will finally have a visa to enter America. FINALLY!

I was thinking about buying a house and repairing it this winter so I can enjoy summer hikings with my wife and kids the next summer.

Is that allowed? Like if I own a home, can I come and do some repair works on it?
Would I violate some laws?!

What if I rent this house as well because it will mostly be empty?

Would American authorities see my "rennovation" as work and preparation for "commercialization" of the property and therefore consider it illegal since I had no work visa?

I just am very skilled and it is not a problem to hire someone to do some rennovation but it is such a shame because I always had a dream to own a typical American wooden house and repair it and idk have horses around it. Just do some wood painting and idk... It's just a beautiful experience I always wanted to have. I wanted to feel the freedom Americans enjoy...

Please, only kind responses...
If you come at me with "Europe also has freedom"..... I'll just ignore your comment. Ok?
I am sick and tired of Europe. Ameirca is 2000 years ahead. Not kidding, I'm serious...Sick and tired of Europe.

You need to discuss your wishes with the nearest US Embassy or Consulate.

Otherwise, an internet search readily reveals the following US immigration related sites:

Immigrate

Immigration and Citizenship | USAGov

Immigrants in the United States

I googled a lot but I can't find an answer to this specific question. If such behavior would be allowed, I can see how many people would try to misuse it and that is why I am skeptical.
Thank you for your response
I will ask the employees at the embassy or maybe consult a lawyer for immigration laws

So I will finally have a visa to enter America. FINALLY!

I was thinking about buying a house and repairing it this winter so I can enjoy summer hikings with my wife and kids the next summer.

Is that allowed? Like if I own a home, can I come and do some repair works on it?
Would I violate some laws?!

Yes, you can buy the house and do work on your own house yourself. You can't do work for pay unless you have the appropriate visa.

What if I rent this house as well because it will mostly be empty?

That gets a bit complicated. Real estate owned by non resident aliens (NRAs) are subject to special federal tax laws that you would need to know about, especially if you are renting it out. How your home country would tax that income matters too. It may be, for example, that having the home owned through a U.S. limited liability company (LLC) or U.S. corporation would be better depending on the tax laws of your home country. You may want to consult a tax professional familiar with U.S. tax law and the tax law of your home country for the best arrangement.

Also, being a landlord in another country makes overseeing the property and your tenants a lot more cumbersome. You may want to have a property management company handle that for you.

Back