Can a Leon holder report the car stolen

Jaimec1220

Jurisdiction
Virginia
Can the Leon holder report the car stolen? The car broke down on the interstate and was left on the side of the road and now cannot be found. Can they report it stolen and have me arrested?

No I canceled the insurance on the car as it was broke down on the interstate and can not locate it and I canceled the tags as well.
You did all this, yet you didn't contact the police? Really?

Frankly, your story isn't believable. Defrauding the lender (yes, that's what I think you're doing) may lead to much harsher penalties than simply defaulting on a loan.

I'm not defrauding the lender we have had nothing but problems with the car and kept trying to get them to fix it and it broke down on the interstate and now it can't be found and I'm not paying insurance on a vehicle I don't have possession of!

I'm not defrauding the lender we have had nothing but problems with the car and kept trying to get them to fix it...
Why? It's not their car. YOU have to get it fixed.
... and it broke down on the interstate and now it can't be found ...
A reasonable person would have (a) removed the vehicle from the interstate (tow trucks have a pretty good track record with that type of thing) and (2) reported the disappearance of the vehicle to the police.
... and I'm not paying insurance on a vehicle I don't have possession of!
Once the lender finds out, you may, in fact, end up paying insurance on a car that you don't have possession of and at a much higher rate.

I still don't think you're on the up-and-up about this, but for the sake of argument, I'll say you are. You have done just about everything wrong that a person in this type of situation could do wrong. It's going to cost you a ton to get out of the mess you've made.

Last edited:
Can the Leon holder report the car stolen?

The "Leon holder"?

hqdefault.jpg

I assume you meant lienholder, but it doesn't matter. Anyone can report anything to anyone.

Can they report it stolen and have me arrested?

Have you arrested for what?

Assuming that you are the registered owner, have you reported it as stolen?

No not yet

WTF are you waiting for?

I canceled the insurance on the car as it was broke down on the interstate and can not locate it and I canceled the tags as well.

Did you cancel the insurance before or after it broke down?

How long did you leave it on the side of the freeway, and how long ago did this happen? Typically, broken down cars on the side of the interstate are tagged and towed within 24 hours or so. I'll bet you a dollar that the car is in an impound lot somewhere.

I'll bet you a dollar that the car is in an impound lot somewhere.
Right - and the OP would know if he had reported the vehicle missing/stolen promptly instead of just leaving it sit on the side of the road because he had a beef with the lender.

As @zddoodah pointed out, the car is almost definitely in an impound lot somewhere, and I'm sure that the OP knows it.
And guess who gets to pay for it to be released? That's right, boys & girls - @Jaimec1220. I believe proof of insurance will be required, as well. If they refuse to do so? Well, there's a different kettle of fish. The impound lot/tow truck company WILL get their money, and so will the lienholder. And @Jaimec1220 will end up with empty pockets and no car.

I'm not defrauding the lender we have had nothing but problems with the car and kept trying to get them to fix it and it broke down on the interstate and now it can't be found and I'm not paying insurance on a vehicle I don't have possession of!

How are people this stupid? You signed a contract with a place to buy a car. YOU are 100% responsible to make all the payments to pay it off. YOU are responsible to have insurance on the auto. You are digging a bigger hole for yourself. Now you will have to pay the car off, pay towing fees, pay storage lot fees and pay for insurance so they will release the car to you. Good luck and stop digging holes for yourself in life.

Specifically, the finance contract is almost always with someone OTHER than the guy who sold you the car. You're not doing anything to the guy who sold you the lemon by not paying, you're screwing the bank which will come back on you and likely end up with a collection/lawsuit and certainly a trashed credit record.

Specifically, the finance contract is almost always with someone OTHER than the guy who sold you the car. You're not doing anything to the guy who sold you the lemon by not paying, you're screwing the bank which will come back on you and likely end up with a collection/lawsuit and certainly a trashed credit record.
One word: Buy Here/Pay Here.

Ummm, ok, four words.

I regret to report the death of LeonHolder.

Leon "Lee" Holder answered the call of our Lord Jesus Christ, "Come home, son, Ruby and I are here to welcome you", on April 22, 2014.

He was born on Wednesday, September 30, 1925 at Brewer Bend, Muskogee County, Oklahoma to Harrison and Mary (Fletcher) Holder.

He was the fourth of eight children.

On April 23, 1945, Lee married the love of his life, Ruby Lee Haws.

His union in marriage to Ruby was a celebration of 68 years in 2013.

Lee was a current member of Eastern Heights Baptist Church of Muskogee.

He became an ordained Deacon in 1965 at Meadowbrook Baptist Church.

Lee entered the US Navy as Seaman 1st Class in December, 1943 and served in World War II on the USS Lexington.

Lee attended Buckhorn school.

He graduated from Draughon's Business College on July 25, 1956.

Lee was a former officer of the Civitan Club of Muskogee.

He served on the board at the Salvation Army for many years. Lee worked for Acme Engineering & Manufacturing for 37-years, retiring as Vice President of Administrative Services.

He was preceded in death by his parents and wife; sister, Arita Crittenden; brothers, Lloyd Holder and wife Mary, Sam Holder and wife Lena, Muriel Holder and Bobby Holder; son-in-law, Ronald S Allen 111;brothers-in-law, Floyd Ervin and Floyd Pitts. He is survived by his children, Mary Nell Allen, Edward Leon Holder and wife, Margie, of Muskogee, Celia Jo Grover of Fresno CA, Karen Todd and husband, Johnny, of Muskogee; grandchildren, Miles Allen, Shawn Allen and wife Kelly, Bryan Holder and Brandi Lee, Brandi D. Holder, Calli Erickson and husband Paul, Whitney Bliss, Eric Holderby and wife Stephanie; twelve great grandchildren Amber, Ron, Cammie, Brady, Parker, Reagan, Joshua, Jacob, Adeline, Jennifer, Joshua and Jackson, three great-great grandchildren, Kensley, Kelsey and Keegen; sisters, Juanita Ervin and Cora Jean Pitts; brother, Dexter Payne and wife, Carroll; sisters-in-law, Phyllis Holder and Katherine Holder; brothers-in-law, Henry Moran and wife JoAnn, Jimmy Don Moran, and Roy Moran and wife Sheila; many nieces and nephews, cousins, extended family and friends. Going Home services will be held Friday, April 25, 2014 at 10:00 am at Eastern Heights Baptist Church with Bro. Bobby Smith officiating. Burial will follow at Memorial Cemetery under the direction of Lescher-Millsap Funeral Home of Muskogee. Pallbearers are grandsons, Shawn Allen, Bryan Holder, Eric Holderby, great-grandsons, Ron Allen, Brady Allen and grandson-in-law Paul Erickson. Honorary pallbearers are son Edward Leon Holder, Bill Jarard, Glenn Macomb, Gene Coker, Carl Gibson, and Andy Simmons. The family wishes to thank all the medical staff at CCOM and MedCorp for all their tender care. In lieu of flowers please make contributions to the American Heart Association.

Back