Can a lawyer be a snitch ?

lawment

Jurisdiction
Other
Hi everyone, so my question is in the title, can a lawyer be a snitch for the police ?

I know someone who's been sentenced to a long jail time for something, honestly ( i am being impartial) who does not deserve that large time of prison. The prisoner I know has chosen a lawyer on the list the police gave him when he was arrested. And I think that is very strange that some people who have done it worst that him, didn't get that much jail time.

So do you think a lawyer can be a snitch, or maybe he didn'tdefend well his client on purpose because he is on the police's side, for a reason that remains unknown ?

Thanks for you help and your opinion.

Only if the lawyer doesn't mind being disbarred since such reports from the lawyer to the police would be, in the very large majority of situations, illegal.

Hi everyone, so my question is in the title, can a lawyer be a snitch for the police ?

I know someone who's been sentenced to a long jail time for something, honestly ( i am being impartial) who does not deserve that large time of prison. The prisoner I know has chosen a lawyer on the list the police gave him when he was arrested. And I think that is very strange that some people who have done it worst that him, didn't get that much jail time.

So do you think a lawyer can be a snitch, or maybe he didn'tdefend well his client on purpose because he is on the police's side, for a reason that remains unknown ?

Thanks for you help and your opinion.

You're posting from France.
We don't know anything about the laws and lawyers in France.
I suppose anything is possible in France.

Back