Camcorder stolen from leasing office

Status
Not open for further replies.

smuggybomb

I bought a camcorder from a online store and it was shipped by UPS. UPS delivered to the leasing office and was signed for by a leasing office employee but I never got it. UPS website says the camcorder was delivered at 2:40 PM and it wasn't there when I went there at 5:40 PM. It was gone within three hours and there was no entry in the leasing office log book. The leasing office employee say they signed for it because they were busy and the UPS did some mistake in delivering the package. UPS says they have the signature and they can't do anything.

Though it's a clear case against the residential community, here are some facts:

1.) I stay with a girl friend and was not on the lease when the camcorder was delivered. Can this be used against me?

2.) I asked the UPS on phone to drop the camcorder at the leasing office if I was not there at home to receive it.

It's a 800 dollar camera and really costly for my financial standard. Before filing a small claim, I need your expert legal advice as the filing fee is around 155+ dollars, which again is very costly for me. Plz help!! I desperately need it.

Consider filing a police report. Odds are this was an employee theft.

Try to find out who the landlord's insurance company is and make a claim. It's hard to know if they would offer coverage.

What does the employee who signed for the camera claim that he or she signed for? "Sure UPS came and I signed for a package, but they didnt' give me one"? Yeah right.

Unfortunately I doubt they'll pay voluntarily.

camcorder stolen/lost from leasing office

Thanks for the reply!!

I'm considering the option of going to small claims court but was wondering how the leasing company can use the cluase that I'm not on the lease and that I instructed the UPS to drop off the package in the leasing office.

Is there any legal problem that I'm not on the lease?

Thanks for your time and help friends!!

File your lawsuit and worry about the other stuff later.

Small claims court -leasing company vs me

Hi Seniorjudge,
Thanks for your reply. I agree with you on the point of filing a lawsuit, but just wanted more clarity on the "legal feasibility" of my case.

Is there a chance that I will win? What can be the legal bottlenecks in my way?

Thanks again for your time and help friends.

Q: Is there a chance that I will win?

A: Yes, about 50-50, more or less.

camcorder

Hi seniorjudge,
Thanks for ur inputs.

If my chances of winning are 50-50 in the lawsuit, can I file a police complaint....even though I'm not on the lease...someone has taken my package....

Is there any other way to claim money--credit card insurance, police complaint, small claims...or anything else...I just want my money back...I hope you understand.

thanks!!

Hi seniorjudge,
Thanks for ur inputs.

If my chances of winning are 50-50 in the lawsuit, can I file a police complaint....even though I'm not on the lease...someone has taken my package....

Is there any other way to claim money--credit card insurance, police complaint, small claims...or anything else...I just want my money back...I hope you understand.

thanks!!

Read wcomp's reply to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back