California Mom in need of an answer, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenrobbar951

Hi everyone! I have been trying to find out an answer to a question that I have. I called the Ventura County Child Support Office and asked them my question, they gave me an answer, but I am not sure they can be trusted. They have told me wrong information in the past.

My question is this: My ex-husband filed for a Notice of Motion. He filed for us to go back to court and have the child support modified. My question is this, do I need to include my husband's income as part of my income? Will the court look at his income and combine it with mine? Or do they just look at my income because the child is not biologically his? I cant seem to find any real answer on the child support page. Thank you!

If your husband is not biologically or legally their father, his income does not count.

I know in Massachusettes - the non parent income can NOT be included.

You need to realize a couple of things here: Number 1 this thread is over a month old. Number 2 your post gave the OP no new information or anything relevant to her case. Number 3 if you don't have the specific information that is relevant to help the poster please don't post.

eta...lol...you really need to learn how to spell your home state's name.

eta again...one more little nit picky thing (and it really irritates me when I see it). The word is CANNOT ~ not CAN NOT.

Last edited:
I just thought you were a bit rough with the OP. I was trying to get my point across with a bit of humor instead of directly.

I just thought you were a bit rough with the OP. I was trying to get my point across with a bit of humor instead of directly.

You thought I was being hard on the OP...oh Jharris...hopefully you will never have to see the wrath of Aunti Gone.:p (Bay and cbg have first-hand knowledge;)).

I used to get on Bay we are friends now. She and I don't see eye to eye on Child Services but we get along. I understand her side of things.

I used to get on Bay we are friends now. She and I don't see eye to eye on Child Services but we get along. I understand her side of things.

Well, my friend, we will have to agree to disagree every once in a while. Diversity is a wonderful thing:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back