California labor commissioner edit hours at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reds

This is for a case in california.

I was working at a small restaurant from january 2013 to november 2013 as a waitress. My ex boss was doing many things illegally , the things he did illegally and affected was that he would log in into the computer and changed my punched out times so it would show i worked less hours . He would cut from half an hour to two hours daily. I would not get any break time or lunch time. At one point i was working 12 hours at a day for about 3 weeks and i never got any over time, i was working a lot since i was the only waitress at my job. Also, at one point he delayed my paycheck for one whole month because he claimed he did not have money to pay me yet he bought a car and went on vacation. He would give me a point for every mistake i would make and each point was 5 dollars off my paycheck and the mistake could be as simple as not ordering beer for the restaurant or not throwing the thrash out. Paid me cash not deducting any taxes and i have two returned checks by him which he did re pay me but with cash and never paid the return check fee that my bank charge me. I know i have a very good case but the thing is that i called many attorneys and none of them would take my case since the restaurant is pretty small and only has about 7 employees total. Im in the process of filing a a report with the labor commissioner but what type of compensation would i get from them?

I have pictures of my hours punch in and punched out times and i have my paycheck with the hours he paid which are different from the hours shown in the computer, obviously he modified them. I also have a picture of 5 points he deducted me (25 dollars) for five mistakes i made and he invented a few of those mistakes, but since i quit that week there was nothing i wouldve been able to do. When i finally had the guts to quit he gave me an appointment to go see him and get my final check he bailed on me twice and made me wait almost a month to get my money.

It completely sucks that all the attorneys wont touch my case just because they wont be able to get a large sum of money from the lawsuit, thats why this jerk thinks hes invincible and does the same thing over and over again with every single employee.

After my long essay, my question is what type of compensation will i get from the labor commissioner?

Thanks for reading my diatribe.

This is for a case in california.

I was working at a small restaurant from january 2013 to november 2013 as a waitress. My ex boss was doing many things illegally , the things he did illegally and affected was that he would log in into the computer and changed my punched out times so it would show i worked less hours . He would cut from half an hour to two hours daily. I would not get any break time or lunch time. At one point i was working 12 hours at a day for about 3 weeks and i never got any over time, i was working a lot since i was the only waitress at my job. Also, at one point he delayed my paycheck for one whole month because he claimed he did not have money to pay me yet he bought a car and went on vacation. He would give me a point for every mistake i would make and each point was 5 dollars off my paycheck and the mistake could be as simple as not ordering beer for the restaurant or not throwing the thrash out. Paid me cash not deducting any taxes and i have two returned checks by him which he did re pay me but with cash and never paid the return check fee that my bank charge me. I know i have a very good case but the thing is that i called many attorneys and none of them would take my case since the restaurant is pretty small and only has about 7 employees total. Im in the process of filing a a report with the labor commissioner but what type of compensation would i get from them?

I have pictures of my hours punch in and punched out times and i have my paycheck with the hours he paid which are different from the hours shown in the computer, obviously he modified them. I also have a picture of 5 points he deducted me (25 dollars) for five mistakes i made and he invented a few of those mistakes, but since i quit that week there was nothing i wouldve been able to do. When i finally had the guts to quit he gave me an appointment to go see him and get my final check he bailed on me twice and made me wait almost a month to get my money.

It completely sucks that all the attorneys wont touch my case just because they wont be able to get a large sum of money from the lawsuit, thats why this jerk thinks hes invincible and does the same thing over and over again with every single employee.

After my long essay, my question is what type of compensation will i get from the labor commissioner?

Thanks for reading my diatribe.

You SHOULD get the wages you lost ALLEGEDLY due his behavior, and any unauthorized deductions.

That is ASSUMING your assertions can be supported.

Oh yeah, it'll take time, lots of time. I'm thinking if you see a dollar or two by spring, that's very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back