CALIF law re: non paid personal loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

armadillo

Please any help on this one.....

HELLO,
Hoping someone can help. I am being sued by my ex been divorced 6 years. She is now claiming I did not pay for HER personal loan she got while we were seperated (not legally). The marital agreement was never filed. but, it does state I was to pay a " credit card name" off in full WHICH I DID and my credit report shows I paid in full, including 2 letters from this company, that its paid. she showed evidence of a loan doc that doesnt have her signature on it and it was faxed. I knew nothing about it or what she got 10K for. We will be in court soon and i am unsure if my attorney can fight this. Nor does he have solid answers, also we have been in court for the past 5 years and she never brought this up. NOW,? is there a statue of limitations regarding this, that SHE doesnt have to pay it? I understood the state of Calif was 4 years statue ? she says it wasnt paid on since 99. Now shes asking for an order of the marital agreement and for me to pay the 10k. i need advice. thanks AM

Last edited:
armadillo said:
HELLO,
Hoping someone can help. I am being sued by my ex been divorced 6 years. She is now claiming I did not pay for HER personal loan she got while we were seperated (not legally). The marital agreement was never filed. but, it does state I was to pay a " credit card name" off in full WHICH I DID and my credit report shows I paid in full, including 2 letters from this company, that its paid. she showed evidence of a loan doc that doesnt have her signature on it and it was faxed. I knew nothing about it or what she got 10K for. We will be in court soon and i am unsure if my attorney can fight this. Nor does he have solid answers, also we have been in court for the past 5 years and she never brought this up. NOW,? is there a statue of limitations regarding this, that SHE doesnt have to pay it? I understood the state of Calif was 4 years statue ? she says it wasnt paid on since 99. Now shes asking for an order of the marital agreement and for me to pay the 10k. i need advice. thanks AM

It sounds to me that this will likely fall under the statute of limitations. You may want to request more information. You will also likely want to file a "motion to dismiss" based upon the fact that there is insufficient evidence prsented that, on its face, the obligation is even yours. What did the document state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back