C Corporation

J

J. Pugsley

Jurisdiction
California
I live in a mobile park community. It is a C Corporation and all residents are shareholders in the corporation. The corporation owns the land which in turn the shareholders own the land. I registered my home with my trust name(s). The treasurer and president of the board along with advice from the corporation attorney have changed all shareholders titles from "trust" to just our individual names. We have been told to tender our original titled shares to the office and they will return the new shares. A year later, this has not been done. I believe these three people have no right to change my or others titles. Do they?

Do that, or did they?

I suggest you consult a real estate attorney near you for a consultation.

Why?

You'll probably have to sue someone to straighten this out.

Another option might be to form a committee of concerned owners, discuss the matter, and arrange a meeting with your county prosecutor or DA.

What you've described might be a criminal act.

I believe these three people have no right to change my or others titles. Do they?

The time to question their "right" was before you turned over your shares.

Once you turned over the shares you gave them the right.

I have no clue as to what you do about it now and agree that you should be consulting an attorney. Get together with others who are concerned about this and pool your money to hire an attorney for all of you. It'll keep your individual cost down.

Back