Buying Product via western union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightbreed

I was searching for a new cell phone and i came across one persons ad and it peaked my interest. The ad was from a company named Mobile Phone World Limited based in the United Kingdom. They say that they are discount dealers to the world. I got in contact with the director of sales via email, and he said that the item i wanted would be $260 usd but the only forms of payment they accept is moneygram and western union. He also stated that their is 100% garentee on the phone and a money back garentee. I really want to get this phone but i also don't want to lose my money to a scamer. So i guess what im asking is how valid is and email garentee. If he tries to run off with my money could i use the email to get my money back.

I was searching for a new cell phone and i came across one persons ad and it peaked my interest. The ad was from a company named Mobile Phone World Limited based in the United Kingdom. They say that they are discount dealers to the world. I got in contact with the director of sales via email, and he said that the item i wanted would be $260 usd but the only forms of payment they accept is moneygram and western union. He also stated that their is 100% garentee on the phone and a money back garentee. I really want to get this phone but i also don't want to lose my money to a scamer. So i guess what im asking is how valid is and email garentee. If he tries to run off with my money could i use the email to get my money back.

The answer is simple - with those services you have no guarantees whatsoever other than somebody's bare statement whom you don't know. This is the risk you take for this "bargain" which, on e-bay, is usually a very high risk. My advice for you is to read through this forum and see how many people just want to believe that the great deal is legitimate and then end up crying after being screwed. So pay a few more dollars and ensure yourself that you're getting your merchandise.

BTW, there is a pretty good FAQ in the articles section of this site that will tell you that any time you see an ad for Moneygram or Western Union or other cash sending services, you should be doubly careful. I wouldn't use them unless the vendor was local so I could take action against them easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back