Consumer Law, Warranties Buyers Remorse in Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

gblotner

I entered into an agreement with DISH television one week ago. After 48 hrs. I called them and told them that their "lock" feature was not child friendly for our home. They worked with me on it and it still was not good for us. They told me that I had 30 days buyers remorse in my state. I called them tonight to cancel the service and they told me that I do not have 30 days and that is not their policy and they now want to charge me $15/mo. for the next 24 months. My wife and I called back and taped the call with customer service and he looked up that we do have 30 days if we have a legitimate reason why we want to cancel and he also said that they must obide by the rules in our state. What should I do?

Keep working with customer service. Usually the first ape you get is not the person that can cancel the contract... the job of the first ape is to answer simple questions and try to confuse you with a bunch of garbage until you get frustrated and hang up.
Get to the second or third ape... one that might have learned a trick or two.

You should have some paperwork... read it over and find the terms for cancellation. Be prepared with it when you call.

Usually the first ape you get is not the person that can cancel the contract... the job of the first ape is to answer simple questions and try to confuse you with a bunch of garbage until you get frustrated and hang up.
Get to the second or third ape... one that might have learned a trick or two.

I love it!

1st ape, 2nd ape, 3rd ape... :yes::cheer:

The 2nd or 3rd ape usually knows a thing or two! :cheer:

The Dish Network Home Protection Plan
http://www.dishnetwork.com/customerService/DHPPwarranty/DHPPterms/default.aspx

# Cancellation : You may cancel this Plan at any time by calling DISH Network at 1-800-333-DISH (3474). If You cancel this Plan within the first thirty (30) days after receipt of this Plan, You will receive a full refund, less any claims paid, where allowed by law. If You cancel after the first thirty (30) days from receipt of this Plan, You will receive a pro rata refund based on the time remaining on Your Plan, less any claims paid, where allowed by law. If this Plan was inadvertently sold to You on a Product which was not intended to be covered by this Plan, DISH Network will cancel this Plan and return the full purchase price of the Plan to You.

If you did not select this plan when you started the service, then you may be on the hook for cancellation fees.

Dish Network is notorious for bad service... good luck.

Thank you soooooo much. Just canelled successfully. Your help and and your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Have a great weekend and thanks again!

Gblotner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back