Premises Liability Businesses Liability

Status
Not open for further replies.

sikkboieca

Jurisdiction
California
My wife was attacked and assaulted by a drunken patron of an establishment, who had been arguing with member's of her own party and establishment security, as she was video recording this individual who had assaulted another member of my wife's party, at closing time. A second individual assaulted my wife with a cane, as this first individual was assaulting my wife. Security did nothing to prevent my wife from being attacked. Local police arrived on scene as my wife was being taken to the hospital via ambulance.Local police were informed that my wife wished to press charges against the two who had assaulted her. Local police indicated they would contact my wife within a few days, after reviewing local businesses security cameras. Local police never contact my wife. We attempted to contact the local police to indicate my wife's desire to press charges against those who assaulted my wife. We further attempted to notify local government officials (ie. chief of police, city manager, city mayor etc.). All failed to return contact. What legal actions could we seek against the owner of the business and the city where the assault took place?

There is no we.

There is a she.

Your wife can visit two or three local attorneys and discuss potential civil remedies available to her.

Stop drinking.
Stop spending all night in bars.

Nothing wrong with imbibing ones approved, preferred adult beverage of choice in moderation.

Consuming ounces, pints, quarts, or gallons of adult beverages over the course an evening can be hazardous to ones health and/or freedom.

That's what I meant. I suspect that the wife and her party weren't exactly blameless.

We observe some things, actions, or events that seem to regularly get people in hot water.

We might want to open a thread and try to alert the unaware or oblivious to many of life's pitfalls.

Wow,. I had expected questions pertaing to the incident rather than a rush to judgement. However since failure of such has
presented, itsswlf, my wife was the designated driver that night. Pretty responsible most would believe. Furthermore, she was attemping to identify a felon and halt them.from escape. Most would believe such would be the act of a stand up.citizen as to another "on looker", which most people tend to be these days. I know there is a case here it is simply a fact of whether an attorney is willing to.put forth the time and effort required for such.
You are supposed to be attorneys who judge based on facts, your opinions have nothing to do.with this thread. I'd you don't have a positive or constructive comment, pleas refrain from responding.

Wow,. I had expected questions pertaing to the incident rather than a rush to judgement. However since failure of such has
presented, itsswlf, my wife was the designated driver that night. Pretty responsible most would believe. Furthermore, she was attemping to identify a felon and halt them.from escape. Most would believe such would be the act of a stand up.citizen as to another "on looker", which most people tend to be these days. I know there is a case here it is simply a fact of whether an attorney is willing to.put forth the time and effort required for such.
You are supposed to be attorneys who judge based on facts, your opinions have nothing to do.with this thread. I'd you don't have a positive or constructive comment, pleas refrain from responding.

Attorneys aren't allowed to use this site to seek clients to scam.

Your question was answered in the second response immediately after your top post.

I suspect you knew your options, but didn't know attorneys aren't allowed to arrange to represent you on our discussion site.

Thread closed......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back