Business Contracts business checking / authorized signer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslater

I opened a business checking acct for a company 4 yrs ago( no longer with them ) I didn't know at the time, but they made me the only authorized signer on the acct. I found out today that the business acct is still under my info and I'm the only auth signer. What rights do I have to the money?

I opened a business checking acct for a company 4 yrs ago( no longer with them ) I didn't know at the time, but they made me the only authorized signer on the acct. I found out today that the business acct is still under my info and I'm the only auth signer. What rights do I have to the money?

I suggest you remove yourself from the account.

You should contact the bank and the company and take immediate steps to take yourself off of that account.

You have no legal right to the money.

If you utter and publish a check from that account, you are asking for big trouble.

yeah I know... I plan to do what you suggested. It's just they completely screwed me over 5 years ago... so the devil on my left shoulder is in my ear. Just thought I'd ask. thanks

yeah I know... I plan to do what you suggested. It's just they completely screwed me over 5 years ago... so the devil on my left shoulder is in my ear. Just thought I'd ask. thanks

That is the smart thing to do, because I'm sure they'd love to screw you over again.

Be smart and don't give them a chance to do you more harm.

What rights do I have to the money?

You have no rights to a company's business checking account money whether you were the only authorized signer or not. It's certainly not your money - it doesn't matter if the co. "screwed" you 5 yrs. ago or not. Remove yourself as you said you will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back