Burial Plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalacha

I am not certain if this is the right category but if not maybe someone can direct me. Last year my daughter passed away at age 11 due to an asthma attack. I was pregnant at the time of her passing and her father and his family said they would go to the cemetary to pick a plot which I said ok to. So she was laid to rest the following week. Some months past and I stopped in a location to look at some head stones. The man in the store said that I would need the deed to start the process. I had no clue you had to have a deed to a plot because I never had to bury a loved one before on my own. So I then got in touch with the father's sister and she informed me that they put the plot in the father's name. Now I was very surprised at this considering he never supported her in any way, shape or form. So I asked why both of our names were not on the deed and all of sudden she seemed to be brain dead. My question is now how can I get my name on the deed. His family paid for half of the burial which I was grateful for but that should not have given him the right to do that. What can I do now to get his rectified because I have the receipt and he didn't pay for anything. I am afraid that she will not get the headstone. I would appreciate any help in this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back