Bully forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUspider

My concern/question, regards this private forum that was set up with the sole intention of cyber bullying people.

The issue is a bit complicated, at least to me, because there are so many different things going on at the same time.

The members of this forum have openly engaged in cyber stalking. They follow people to their LJ journal or community journals and harass them openly.

They will remove photographic material from these LJs and post it on this forum to ridicule the owners. This includes photos of people and their children.

Theft of intellectual property is a common practice on this forum. Even, after it was formerly requested that they stop.

The members of this forum will stalk people's e-Bay auctions and hassle them openly. Making them a target of public ridicule and mockery.

Most of the victims are artists, especially those that sell on e-Bay. This persecuting is affecting their business.

They libel people openly on this forum, posting people's addresses and personal information. An attempt was made to contact the forum admins. but it was ignored and only made things worse, since they engage in the defamation themselves.

There is a scam racket going on, people are getting scammed out of their money, but whenever someone speaks out, they are subjected to such retaliation and open smear campaign, that now, people are afraid to say anything. This retaliation includes all of the above mentioned and in some instances, hate mail sent to people's homes. Physical threats have been made against several individuals.

Open threats such as "I will cut such and such" or "I will punch her in the face", things of this nature are constantly posted on the forum, including the name of the victim and sometimes their physical address or phone number.

Some members were openly organizing a get together to go beat up one girl this weekend at her house. The driver is a 38yr old woman.

My last concern and the most serious one; it seems that photos of children in adult situations and links to sites that promote this kind of thing, were openly posted on the forum.

I did not see these photos myself, nor do I want to. But this issue was mentioned repeatedly on the forum. And it has become, like everything else a joke to them.

There are both adults and minors in this forum doing the bullying, and there are both adults and minors who are recipients of the bullying. In my opinion, the members of this forum are out of control and somebody will get badly hurt.

Is there anything that can be done to put a stop to this forum before things do get seriously out of hand. Some sort of prevention/intervention/legal action that can be taken against these people.

The situation can come across as silly or infantile, and easily dismissed, but I assure you that to the people being bullied and/or threatened it is not.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Did you have a question?

Did you have a question?

Yes I did, it's in my post, but the question should have been more clear.

"Is there anything that can be done to put a stop to this forum before things do get seriously out of hand? Some sort of prevention/intervention/legal action that can be taken against these people."

Can you offer any legal advice or any advice at all? That would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Last edited:
Search your state statutes for the wording of the stalking law where you live.

Ours added wording to include stalking by electrical means.

Stalking is typically defined in the statutes something like: When an adult purposely and repeatedly harasses or follows another with the intent of harassing.

Does that fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back