Bullied

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettirn

Here is my situation: There is an alley that separates my house from my new neighbors. If you pull into the alley you veer to the left into our two parking spots/driveway which then butts up to my garage. We have no road access directly from the spots, we must back into the alley to enter and exit. If you travel further up the alley past my garage, the neighbor's driveway veers to the right a bit further back. This is zoned as an alley, but hasn't been a through alley since long before we moved in 16 years ago. Until recently there haven't been any issues, but things got difficult fast when the new neighbors moved in two months ago. We introduced ourselves and took over a dish, did the usual neighbor meet and greet. When they asked about the shared alley situation we told them we didn't care where they parked in it from our garage back, just so long as we can get in and out. Since then they have had multiple friends, family members, construction workers, and themselves park us in/out of our parking spots. One day his brother pulled in and parked beside us so we couldn't back out while we were in our car getting ready to reverse. When we politely asked if he could move up some for us to back out he put it in park and went in the house. Since then we have had to call the police when someone had parked us out of our spot and we went up to the door and politely asked them to pull up and were told no and the door shut in our faces. The new neighbor has come over to our house twice now and shouted obscenities at my husband and made some kind of ludicrous statement about my husband yelling at his 82 year old grandmother. We have no idea what that is in reference to. The police have informed them they cannot park this way, but it continues to happen in a sneaky way. They pull up farther, but still not quite far enough for us to get out. I truly don't know what to do. Zoning tells us to call the police, but are we really expected to call the police every time? That would be a lot, and it seems like such a burden on law enforcement for such silliness. To complicate things I am afraid of this man. The way he has acted when yelling at us makes me worry about what he is capable of. I am home alone often during the day and I am actually afraid of him and I lock my doors and hole up in the basement which I know is silly also. My kids have been instructed to not answer the door for him under any circumstance, but to just come get me. We keep the doors locked at all times now. We are hoping to put the house up for sale in the spring and get out, but what do I do in the mean time? I feel helpless.

Here is my situation: There is an alley that separates my house from my new neighbors. If you pull into the alley you veer to the left into our two parking spots/driveway which then butts up to my garage. We have no road access directly from the spots, we must back into the alley to enter and exit. If you travel further up the alley past my garage, the neighbor's driveway veers to the right a bit further back. This is zoned as an alley, but hasn't been a through alley since long before we moved in 16 years ago. Until recently there haven't been any issues, but things got difficult fast when the new neighbors moved in two months ago. We introduced ourselves and took over a dish, did the usual neighbor meet and greet. When they asked about the shared alley situation we told them we didn't care where they parked in it from our garage back, just so long as we can get in and out. Since then they have had multiple friends, family members, construction workers, and themselves park us in/out of our parking spots. One day his brother pulled in and parked beside us so we couldn't back out while we were in our car getting ready to reverse. When we politely asked if he could move up some for us to back out he put it in park and went in the house. Since then we have had to call the police when someone had parked us out of our spot and we went up to the door and politely asked them to pull up and were told no and the door shut in our faces. The new neighbor has come over to our house twice now and shouted obscenities at my husband and made some kind of ludicrous statement about my husband yelling at his 82 year old grandmother. We have no idea what that is in reference to. The police have informed them they cannot park this way, but it continues to happen in a sneaky way. They pull up farther, but still not quite far enough for us to get out. I truly don't know what to do. Zoning tells us to call the police, but are we really expected to call the police every time? That would be a lot, and it seems like such a burden on law enforcement for such silliness. To complicate things I am afraid of this man. The way he has acted when yelling at us makes me worry about what he is capable of. I am home alone often during the day and I am actually afraid of him and I lock my doors and hole up in the basement which I know is silly also. My kids have been instructed to not answer the door for him under any circumstance, but to just come get me. We keep the doors locked at all times now. We are hoping to put the house up for sale in the spring and get out, but what do I do in the mean time? I feel helpless.

If I were you, I'd move before I sold.

If you choose NOT to do that, park in another location.

Otherwise, you can't stop idiots or violent people.

All you can do is avoid them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back