Bull.

adjusterjack

Super Moderator
No, I'm not being pejorative. :)

I'm referring to the TV show "Bull" on CBS. Last night's episode (The Flying Carpet 11/25/19) was insurance related. It involved personal injury, negligence, attractive nuisance, assumption of risk, sympathetic plaintiff, misrepresentation, rescission, and bad faith. All of the topics we've discussed here over time, all rolled into one show.

It was a pretty accurate depiction of what happens in the world of property/casualty insurance.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend that you watch it on CBS's website.

I'll have to watch it. It's one of those shows that I watch occasionally when I can't find anything else to watch.

I've never thought of the phrase "accurate depiction" when watching Bull.

I've never thought of the phrase "accurate depiction" when watching Bull.

Neither did I. I understand literary license for entertainment purposes and, believe me, I know how to suspend my disbelief when I watch TV.

But that episode had so many parallels to my experiences in the insurance industry.

My problem with that particular program is that you can't spend ten years telling me that Michael Weatherby is Tony diNozzio, and then put a pair of glasses on him and tell me he's someone else. He's just not that good an actor.

My problem with that particular program is that you can't spend ten years telling me that Michael Weatherby is Tony diNozzio, and then put a pair of glasses on him and tell me he's someone else. He's just not that good an actor.

He allegedly has other predilections and behaviors that I find very difficult to ignore.

The legal "theatrics" are at times quite well done.

Often happens that actors leave a long running TV show to take up another character in another show. I have accepted Michael Weatherly as Jason Bull.

Just as I accepted Buddy Ebsen as Barnaby Jones (private investigator 1973 to 1980) after 9 years as Jed Clampett (Beverly Hillbillies 1962-1971).

I had no trouble transitioning Mandy Patinkin from inigo Montoya to Jason Gideon, or from Jason Gideon to Saul Berenson. I had minimal trouble transitioning Alan Alda from Hawkeye Pierce to Arnold Vinick. But I never could get Weatherly to be anyone but Tony DiNozzio.

I'm having a problem accepting Wilmer Valderama as Torres because I remember him as the squeaky voiced teenager in That 70s Show.

Back