Breach of Contract

halltc

Jurisdiction
New York
I recently looked to purchase a car and was approved by a bank for the auto loan. Before the purchase was finalized I was asked if there was a car for me to trade in and I stated to them that I had another car which was under repairs and was told it would be better for me to find a personal buyer to sell the car to and that the dealer would not be interested in a trade for the car. I paid a down payment and signed the contract or agreement to purchase the vehicle that I was interested in and took possession of the car. After possessing the car for 3 weeks I received a letter in the mail that the agreement had expired because it was contingent upon me trading in my vehicle previously mentioned which in fact was not part of the deal. There must have been a communication breakdown between the bank and the Dealer which I am not at fault. I do not want to trade in my other vehicle but I was informed that if not I would have to return the car recently purchased... my question to you is...is this a breach of contract should I pursue this case? Please respond... thank you.

..is this a breach of contract should I pursue this case?

No, it isn't a breach of the contract by the dealer.

Somehow financing wasn't possible to be arranged for you.

I suggest you obtain your own financing, but if you can't do that within the next 12-24 hours, you should return the car, because you could get charged with a crime.

Plus, the meter is ticking, as you'll likely be charged for USING the car for the last 21 odd days.

Read your paperwork, everything is detailed in those documents.

Back