Licensing Breach of Contract For Selling Sports Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhaveman0124

In the scenario where I have taken a photo at a professional sports event, and my ticket says that I cannot use any photos for "commercial use," is it a breach of contract to sell my photo to a photo agency such as Getty Images to license for editorial purposes? My question is what constitutes "commercial use." Is the fact that I would make money off of the sale commercial even though it will be used for editorial purposes?

In the scenario where I have taken a photo at a professional sports event, and my ticket says that I cannot use any photos for "commercial use," is it a breach of contract to sell my photo to a photo agency such as Getty Images to license for editorial purposes? My question is what constitutes "commercial use." Is the fact that I would make money off of the sale commercial even though it will be used for editorial purposes?

If you sold the photo that constitutes "commercial use".
You could NEVER make enough money doing that, so why bother?
People tend to be overly protective of certain photographs and images, therefrom.
Save yourself the aggravation, and just don't do it, unless you want to waste time (and perhaps treasure) feuding over pixels in a stuffy courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back