Boyfriend wrongfully aressted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplerose

My boyfriend was aressted last month for supossedly driving without a license. The officer that aressted him told me that they found my boyfriend standing outside my car a mile away from home. Witnesses say they saw him drive away but the offcers never actually saw him driving, they found him on a dirt road standing outside of the car. Can they really aresst him for standing by a vehical when they did not see him drive the car or see him behind the wheel of the car? He may be facing a year in jail for this.

If they have witnesses that put him behind the wheel, yes.

So ... you're saying that the car followed him to where he was standing and it got there all by itself?

- Carl

A great defense for this, as I personal have my own feelings about traffic laws, is to point out to the judge, and the prosecutor, and/or the Juries that the Officers never seen your boyfriend actually behind the wheel operating a vehicle. Second, I believe something else is going on because why was your boyfriend stopped by the police in the first place? Also, which State did this occur, and how is he facing up to a year in prison on a Driving without a License charge? I believe it is going to be very unlikely that they are going to bring in the witnesses of the guy driving, because they almost never do so on a Driving without a License!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back