Boyfriend refuses to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amsunshyne

My ex-boyfriend refuses to leave our apartment. His name is on the lease and no physical abuse has occurred. I am unable to prove emotional harm, and although the bills are in my name, he has been paying them for the last four years. Sounds great and one sided I know, but my contributions of raising his child, while he goes to the bar and many social obligations without me, the cleaning, cooking, chaufferring and the emotional and physical abuse by this child who was literally dropped off at his doorstep, are unappreciated and undocumented. The child has adhd and odd disorders and will be 16 this tuesday. I have spent thousands of $$ on both of them, motorcycles, jet ski's BBQ's etc.

During our time together, I was self employed, had income from an owned property that I sold, I used this income to irradicate my debt and attend school. It has taken me a year to find employment and I will begin this week.

I have called the utility companies and they have agreed to only chnage service with a password that we have set up. My ex is angry and refuses to leave because he has been paying the bills.

My arguement is that I have done more then pull my weight in the relationship by caring for his difficult child as he was my own, while he has continued to live his life as a single man, in ALL ways.

The realty company cannot assist me because of the lease. The attorney cannot assist me because 1) the lease, and 2) he comes out smelling like a rose.

I would not even bother fighting for the place except that I have used my money to make it a home: paint, wallpaper, carpet, computers I-pods for the boy, a nice bedroom that he has never had, garden, with plants from my dead grandmother, and my daughter and grandaughter live only a block away.

I start a new job next week, but am hoping to start training for a better job with the gov't soon. Until then I can't make an informed decision on my location. So I do not want to move, if I do I don't know where to move because of future employment opportunitee's, and in the meantime I am locked in the bedroom.

thank you.

He has just as much right to live there as you. If the situation is as intolerable as you portray...move when the lease is up.

Thank you for your quick response. If I may ask another question...

I had been here 4 years prior to their moving in, does this have any bearing?

Thank you for your quick response. If I may ask another question...

I had been here 4 years prior to their moving in, does this have any bearing?

I do not see any grounds that you might have to get him booted out. You both seem to have contributed to the household, you both have names on the lease, so you are both sort of up a creek. Until such time as the lease comes up for renewal, you really have no options. And if it does come up for renewal, there is no guarantee that they will refuse to let him stay on the lease.

You may have some tough decisions to make in the near future.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back