Bought a car w/o damage, received w/ damage. Dealer wont cooperate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMAK555

Greetings,

I bought a car from an out-of-state Lexus dealer in MD. The car was described as "flawless" and "Gorgeous" by the sales person and the high resolution pictures didn't show any visible damage to the vehicle.

Received the car form the transport company with substantial amount of damage. A local body shop estimated damages to be over $5K worth of repairs.

Contacted the dealer and sent them the pictures of what i purchased and what i received. Requested the pick up slip to be faxed in and it revealed the damages being present upon vehicle pick up by the transport company. The condition of the vehicle was acknowledged and signed off on by the sales manager.

Upon confronting the dealer about the damages on the car, they offered to help with repairs and were very apologetic about the matter. I have forwarded the estimate that i received and now the dealer is NOT cooperating at all. THey are claiming that after they received the payment, the vehicle isn't their responsibility even thought it is on their lot.

Also, i was never presented with a contract to sign and frankly speaking I haven't signed anything at all in regards to the vehicle. When i asked for the docs, i simply received the TITLE for the vehicle.

What are my choices here?

Thank you in advance,

E.

You can negotiate with them, or sue them.
Suing them is problematic for you because they are in another state.
Small claims will be of little use to you.
You'd have to go to Maryland and sue them.
Buying a car, sight unseen is foolish.
You did it anyway, and now you allowed yourself to be ripped off for $5,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back