Boss won't let me get unemployment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SP85

Hi everyone, I recently got laid off from my job. I have worked there every summer for the past six years and THOUGHT that I was in good with my boss. This late spring I get laid off and go to my local unemployment office. They tell me that they have no earning for me from my company (maybe my boss didn't so his part of paperwork?) The gentleman I was dealing with told me, no problem, just call your boss and tell him you need quarterly earnings for your work year. I called my boss and told him just that. He said "ok, I'll call you in a few days" He never called, almost two weeks later he won't answer ANY of my phone calls. Am I not entitled to unemployment after being laid off? Is there any legal action I can take for this. Finding employment right now it hard to say the least and I need some help here. also one thing that scares me about taking legal action, is that my boss's father happens to be a respected lawyer in one of northern Illinois's wealthiest suburbs. ANY info would be greatly accepted.

Also, I live in Cook county IL and worked in I believe it is Lake county, IL

-Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back