boss lied and took away my scheduled shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dspyro

So my boss doesn't like me for reasons i'm unsure about. i have worked at the company for close to a year and have never called off or showed up late to a shift and have always been one of the top sales person. i was scheduled 3 shifts this next week and was emailed by the store owned. i replied back the next day and confirmed the shifts like i do every week. i also called the store manager and confirmed my shifts. then two days later i recieved and email from my boss saying this, "I did not hear back from you and I know that you did not return MULTIPLE text messages. On Friday we had to make a call. We felt that we could not rely on you so the shifts have been reassigned. You have no shifts scheduled."

i have not recieved and texts or phone calls regarding my shifts. can he really lie and say he never received my emails and say that he sent me texts when he didn't? he has taken away shifts from me in the past for no reason and i need the money. anything i could do? would having the store manager confirm that she recieved my phone call help legally? i would just like to quote him some laws or reasons why he can't do that.

If anyone can help with my problem ASAP it would help me out big.

Thanks,
Amy

Is the boss that cut the shifts the same person you talked to when you called to confirm the email message?
If not, then it appears you just have a communication breakdown. The person you called did not relay the information to the boss that cut the shifts.
It sounds like you just need to talk to the boss and confirm who you are supposed to contact and how and when to contact them to confirm your days.

the store owner makes the schedule. i emailed the store owner the day after he sent me the schedule. then i called the store manager and confirmed my shifts with her as well. but the point i'm trying to make is my boss always tries to cut my shifts and lies about me not calling back or confirming the shifts.

communication is fine, but he just claims i never talked to him or lies that he tried texting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back