Business Contracts bookkeeper getting screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

droque

Qujestion #1. I've provided bookkeeping service for over 3 years to six different clients (farm labor contractors), i fear that one of my clients has solicited my other clients and agreed to run payroll under there company because he has low workers comp rates, they can save 4-6 points, splitting the saved premiums. Can i take legal action against them if i do not have a written contract for service.

Question #2. Five years ago, i entered a business venture with someone i thought i could trust, these are the details:
1. Other party agreed to purchase networking system and accounting software so we can open up an office Aprox $25,000.00.
2. I was to provide other party with bookkeeping service free of charge for 2 years. After 2 years i was to receive ownership of hardware and software.
3. Three years later, the other party refuses to relinquish ownership of property.
4. Can i demand 3 years worth of back pay, since i did not receive any wages?

#1 It doesn't sound like you have any legal action to be concerned with. They can do business with anyone they choose. If you suspect they are doing something illegal you can certainly report that to the appropriate state agency though.

#2 Do you have anything in writing that details the agreements made when you began the partnership? You can certainly make your demand, but you may be lacking any evidence to support your contention that you are owed anything. If you can't resolve your problem that is what civil courts are for. You can consult a local attorney with the details to determine if you should proceed or not.

If it isn't in writing (hint: a signed contract), you've got nothing! If you have proof (hint: a signed contract), maybe you have a case. See a lawyer.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back