bonus money and back support

Status
Not open for further replies.

seffysmiles

jan. 2010 i was taken back to court so ex husband could get "more time" with kids.(2 kids) I have sole custody and he has visitation rights. Was done this way because he and I can not communicate very well. (He thinks he's always right and I need to bend to his wants and will.) I was absolutely fine with more time and we reached an agreement and at the same time I was granted more child support and 28% of any and all bonus money as he works for a really big, and profiting company. He is currently behind over 900$ from last year and has only paid me a total of 1 bonus money check. I did hire an attorney. We got the wage stuff from his work and found out that as of nov. 2011 he owed around 30,000$ just in the bonus money. Since then I have found out he has received 4 bonus checks of 7,000$ a piece which I am entitled to 28% of that. My lawyer was going to start the case when ex slammed me with a bogus insurance and custody case. (he has tried the custody before and lost) Ex said I owed him "thousands of dollars" in past medical bills for our children. Oldest has issues and has been seeing a psychologist for years and youngest suffers from ADHD and other stuff and has begun to see the same psychologist. I am the Guarantor. I receive the bills. He covers insurance for them but I do have a medical card for secondary and have a charity assisstance program to help with bills. He has NEVER paid a dime for any dental, medical, or vision bill even though his IS responsible for half of any uncovered. When we went to court I had all my papers in a row and he only had EOB's from his insurance. He told the judge he paid all the EOB's to his insurance company! I won the case and he has to pay my lawyer fees. Now I want to get the ball running on the child support case cause I need the money to help care for my kids. I have to run all over the place for doc appointments, medication, and now I have to get a tutor or my youngest is not gonna do well in second grade. She is also going to be enrolled in an interactive metronome program to see if that will help with her ADHD as well. My lawyers office just seems to be giving me the run around. I have the money for the bill but when I called them they tell me I'm only supposed to pay so much cause the ex is supposed to pay the other. When I asked how much they want they said they'd have to get back to me and that's what they've been telling me for over 3 months now! So here's my question. Who can help get the back bonus money or what do I have to do to get him held responsible for not paying the money for his kids? Thanks.

Hire another law firm. Speak to different lawyers and hire one. What you call "big", others call "no" money.
Big is a relative term. Results aren't instant, even though this is important to you, to others it's just another job. So, relax, the loot will come rolling in one day. If you pester someone, they usually ignore you and take their time.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

If you're willing to do the groundwork yourself, you can file an OSC (order to show cause) which will force him to convince the court why he shouldn't be held in contempt for non-payment.

My advice though, given the amount of money involved, echoes that of Army Judge - get thee a new attorney.

Also be warned: You cannot rely on child support or your court order as income; some people will do virtually anything and everything not to pay. Including messing up their own credit, losing driver's and other licenses, jail time. You ideally need to find your own source of income.

My current husband makes enough to support us all. Just not the extras, like tutoring. I currently can not get a job because of the issues my children have. The oldest one 9 has anger issues, seperation anxiety (including when she's at school. I have to tell her where I'll be or she will freak out) and an adjustment disorder. Her psychologist recommended I stay at home. He thinks its healthier for her and she'll outgrow it when she's older. Trust me. I'd LOVE a job. I volunteer at the school so I can help my 6yr old with adhd.

Ex is doing some of the things you talked about. He just told me he doesn't even want his 9yr. old back next visit cause she's causing too much stress on him and his wife. She has too much attitude there.

Ex recently moved from very nice 4bedroom home to trailor park. Said he can't pay his support cause it's half of his current check which I know to be untrue. Could the state disbursement unit help? Thanks for all your help. I really appriciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back