Bonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

demiozen

Hello there!
I have signed a contract whose clause on section 6 describes the payment of a bond related to a training that is required to exercise my job.
Please have a read below, and let me know if this is legal.
Please note that this contract is for working as a pilot for a company based in Bermuda, but the pilots will be based in Europe.
My kindest regards,
Cheers.

A.D.

"Section 6 – Training

6.1. At Company's expense, Pilot shall undergo initial and recurrent training related to the Aircrafts at Flight Safety International or such other training facility or training personnel ("Training') as may be acceptable to the Company. If Pilot voluntarily resigns, or Company terminates this Agreement for cause as set forth in section 9.1 (a), or Company terminates this Agreement pursuant to Section 9.1 (c), Pilot shall promptly reimburse Company for the cost of all Training received by Pilot at Company's expense during the prior twelve (12) months period, reduced in pro-ration to the number of months that have expired since completion of said Training. If Pilot fails to reimburse Company, Pilot authorizes Company to notify any subsequent Pilot employer of Pilot's obligation and to proceed against pilot and/or subsequent employer(s) for such reimbursement. In addition, the Pilot hereby authorizes the Company to set-off any amounts that Pilot is obligated to reimburse hereunder against any amounts payable by the Company to Pilot hereunder."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back