bogus check

Status
Not open for further replies.

claramom53

about 3 months ago I wrote a check paying for something and then my husband got hurt and had knee surgery and couldn't work for over 3 weeks. the bank bounced my check,
it was turned over to a collection agency in california. I have paid half of the check and it is not my intention on not finishing the rest. But this agency has a guy calling us 2 to 3 times a day on the telephone and then calling us names. I am trying to get the money together as fast as possible which I have almost done. But this guy is calling us liars
and he told my husband to shut his piehole and listen. Now I know that I should not
have written the check, but I could not forsee the future of my husband getting hurt
and I apologize, but this guy is driving me nuts. Can he legally be that rude? Pleese get
back to me asap

Look this up

Look this up on the web: Type into your search engine Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. The law is there on what a collection agency may or may not do. Hope this helps!

Record the phone calls and dont tell them you are doing it. Type out the conversation for reference when you file a complaint.

I would send a letter via Certified Mail to the CEO/President of this company, and cc: the BBB, describing in explicit detail this person's vocabulary. (BTW, I wouldn't explain reasons for lack of payment; only complain as to this bill collector's unethical tactics).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back