Assault & Battery Bodily injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Concerned one

Jurisdiction
Texas
So about 9/22/15 me and my boyfriends baby mother got into a arguement it led to a fight .. her friend was at the top of the stairs went in got a kane n hit me with it multiple times. While she was hitting me with the cane her other friends n her about four n total started to jump me my boyfriend got a stick out the car n told them to get off of me it continued for about five mins before they did we argued again n then we left I got a call a few mins later from her daughter sayin her mother called the cops and was lieing about what happen so I made a report n return. 1/7/16 I received a letter asking if I wanted to press charges I went through with the charges but I do not know the status yet.

While being in court today our son told me she was pressing charges on me I would like to know how this will work out if she presses charges on me n I press them on her could that be possible and what will happen to her case n mines

People don't press charges, the authorities do. People just report crimes and then the authorities investigate and decide whether or not to prosecute.

Here are the possibilities:

One of you will be prosecuted and the other won't be prosecuted.

Both of you will be prosecuted.

Neither of you will be prosecuted.

Those are what COULD happen. What WILL happen is anybody's guess and you'll have to wait and see.

But how can she press charges on me for something she did thats where I am lost at .. can I press charges on her friend who hit me with the cane ??

People don't press charges, the authorities do. People just report crimes and then the authorities investigate and decide whether or not to prosecute.

Here are the possibilities:

One of you will be prosecuted and the other won't be prosecuted.

Both of you will be prosecuted.

Neither of you will be prosecuted.

Those are what COULD happen. What WILL happen is anybody's guess and you'll have to wait and see.

But how can she press charges on me for something she did thats where I am lost at .. can I press charges on her friend who hit me with the cane ??

But how can she press charges on me for something she did thats where I am lost at .. can I press charges on her friend
who hit me with the cane ??

As previously stated, you can't press charges.
The other hooligan can't press charges.

You can, however, contact the police about anyone who battered you.
The police will meet with you, take your statement, and refer the matter to the county attorney.

The county attorney decides if he or she has reason to believe a crime was committed.

That's when a warrant issues, and alleged perpetrators are eventually arrested.

When two, three, four, five, or more people engage in mutual combat; multiple people say he hit me, she hit her, and we hit them.

That's what you were engaged in, mate, a mutual affray.

If you believe others should be arrested, file a report with the proper law enforcement agency and see what happens.

Bear in mind, if twenty other people were charged, you still wouldn't be off the hook.

As previously stated, you can't press charges.
The other hooligan can't press charges.

You can, however, contact the police about anyone who battered you.
The police will meet with you, take your statement, and refer the matter to the county attorney.

The county attorney decides if he or she has reason to believe a crime was committed.

That's when a warrant issues, and alleged perpetrators are eventually arrested.

When two, three, four, five, or more people engage in mutual combat; multiple people say he hit me, she hit her, and we hit them.

That's what you were engaged in, mate, a mutual affray.

If you believe others should be arrested, file a report with the proper law enforcement agency and see what happens.

Bear in mind, if twenty other people were charged, you still wouldn't be off the hook.

So why would they send me a letter if they choose what to do ?? And im confused why would I be on the hook in the first place if they hit first and I was defending myself ?? That makes no sense. I may be misunderstanding the answers

Sometimes the prosecutor will ask one or more of the parties if they are willing to follow through with testifying or cooperating with the process before they either decide to proceed or let it go. They may even charge, the later drop the charges. Especially when you have multiple people from the same incident with different stories and all pointing the finger at someone else, more often than not, as here, one or more of those parties is filing out of spite and not because a crime was committed or they were a totally innocent party ganged up on by random assailants. You were all fighting. You were all in the wrong. You were all technically violating the law. Some of you were just "better" at fighting than others. Prosecutors are not interested in wasting their time or taxpayer dollars to settle petty disputes among a bunch of people all of whom were in the wrong.

Forget what the baby mama's friend, son, daughter, or anyone else claims will happen. If arrested and charged, hire a lawyer or ask to be assigned one.

So why would they send me a letter if they choose what to do ?? And im confused why would I be on the hook in the first place if they hit first and I was defending myself ?? That makes no sense. I may be misunderstanding the answers

Call or visit the police station.
Inform the officer or call taker that you wish to report a battery against your person.
The police will take the report.
The prosecutor will then decide what to do and inform you accordingly.

Call or visit the police station.
Inform the officer or call taker that you wish to report a battery against your person.
The police will take the report.
The prosecutor will then decide what to do and inform you accordingly.

I have already did that the day the incident occurred which was 2015 I received a letter from the homicide unit this month of 2016 cops have pictures of my injuries this was self defense on my behalf . Law official has told me one on one is mutual combat this was not one on one I had the right to defend myself

Sometimes the prosecutor will ask one or more of the parties if they are willing to follow through with testifying or cooperating with the process before they either decide to proceed or let it go. They may even charge, the later drop the charges. Especially when you have multiple people from the same incident with different stories and all pointing the finger at someone else, more often than not, as here, one or more of those parties is filing out of spite and not because a crime was committed or they were a totally innocent party ganged up on by random assailants. You were all fighting. You were all in the wrong. You were all technically violating the law. Some of you were just "better" at fighting than others. Prosecutors are not interested in wasting their time or taxpayer dollars to settle petty disputes among a bunch of people all of whom were in the wrong.

Forget what the baby mama's friend, son, daughter, or anyone else claims will happen. If arrested and charged, hire a lawyer or ask to be assigned one.

Self defense is not in the wrong

I have already did that the day the incident occurred which was 2015 I received a letter from the homicide unit this month of 2016 cops have pictures of my injuries this was self defense on my behalf . Law official has told me one on one is mutual combat this was not one on one I had the right to defend myself

Great news for you.
You shouldn't be wasting your precious time on this board with dummies like me.
I'll save you time, and wish you all the best in your quest for justice.

Bye bye forever from an internet dummy, me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back