Blackballed

Name001001

I worked for a bank for 7 yrs. I had been pushed around a lot, and despite earning a lot of peer respect, found myself at odds with the pay to play mentality that was prominent in the 2000-2007 finance industry. Long story short I was terminated for "non-business use of the internet". After going on multiple interviews and always geeting shot down after HR got involved, I had a friend and business-owner call to verify employment. The FAX came back with "terminated" emblazoned and across it.

So does this not constitute blackballing? And if so, what should I do about it?

I worked for a bank for 7 yrs. I had been pushed around a lot, and despite earning a lot of peer respect, found myself at odds with the pay to play mentality that was prominent in the 2000-2007 finance industry. Long story short I was terminated for "non-business use of the internet". After going on multiple interviews and always geeting shot down after HR got involved, I had a friend and business-owner call to verify employment. The FAX came back with "terminated" emblazoned and across it.

So does this not constitute blackballing? And if so, what should I do about it?

You admit you were TERMINATED for "non-business use of the internet".

Your pal inquired, posing as a potential employer, and was told: YOU were TERMINATED for "non-business use of the internet".

I see nothing to indicate you were, to use your term, BLACKBALLED.

I see no lawsuit for you in which you might prevail against the employer who simply TERMINATED YOU for "non-business use of the internet".

No, that is not even close to a blackball. Since by your own admission you WERE terminated, what the heck did you expect them to say? They told the truth.

Or are you buying into that persistent, but completely untrue, myth that they're not allowed to say anything but dates of employment? I promise you, there is no truth whatsoever to that rumor.

They told the truth. They can tell a prospective employer anything that is true or that they honestly believe to be true.

Back