birth of a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
You definitely should. He has a right to know. If he later finds out, he can take legal action. What if he wants to be in the baby's life etc............

Do I legally have to let the father of the child know I had the baby.

If you're unmarried there is no putative father until a paternity test has established one, or the mark, err, man has acknowledged same via signing the birth certificate.

As far as allowing the "baby daddy" to see baby dumpling, until a court has issued a visitation/custody order, mommy doesn't have to say anything or allow anything to be done to baby dumpling.

If he finds out the baby has been born & then is proven his, he can take legal action re visitation etc.

Last edited:
OP, while the correct thing to do morally might be to let him know there is no legal obligation to inform him of the birth.

This applies whether you're married or not.

(I'm reserving further comment because we don't know the circumstances)

I was told he could sue me if I don't let him know the baby was born.

Who told you that this man could sue you? Under what legal theory is this creep planning to sue you?

Frankly, madam, I think this bum is trying to bully you, scare you, and/or control you?

The only one that eventually could be sued is the "UNKNOWN baby daddy" for CHILD SUPPORT to the KNOWN mother.

Madam, I hope you deliver a healthy, happy, smart, perky, beautiful baby.

You are under no legal obligation to reveal anything to anyone, unless a court orders you to do so.

By the way, no court would order you to tell a man he's a father, because you're not a paternity testing company.

As I said, ignore this bully. If he harasses you, I suggest you get a restraining order, or file a police report if he's stalking, threatening, or bullying you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back