Big "Pro Se" Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmbeachdirect

I had adjudication withheld and a no pros, in a unsuccessful criminal accusation that nearly destroyed my life & could have sent me to jail for a long time. My issues/questions are related to a civil suit that has now been filed (against the b's) and from my study indicates that civil liability is only possible with a favorable ruling in the criminal court for the defendant. "Is adjudication withheld and no pros" considered a favorable ruling?

I had adjudication withheld and a no pros, in a unsuccessful criminal accusation that nearly destroyed my life & could have sent me to jail for a long time. My issues/questions are related to a civil suit that has now been filed (against the b's) and from my study indicates that civil liability is only possible with a favorable ruling in the criminal court for the defendant. "Is adjudication withheld and no pros" considered a favorable ruling?

A civil suit is possible at any time, by anyone, for any reason.

However, just because someone sues you, doesn't mean that they'll prevail.

Nevertheless, I need only remind you of poor, unfortunate OJ Simpson.

I refer to OJ in my posts, because his issues represent all that is right and wrong with our criminal justice system.

Anyway, OJ and his "dream Team" won an acquittal on a murder charge (actually a double murder charge).

Yet, OJ lost a civil lawsuit for wrongful death and his pursuers received a $30,000,000 judgment.

OJ'S position was far more favorable than yours.

Yet, Old OJ, lost a civil suit on the same case.

You, on the other hand, are in a debtor's state (Florida).

There are several states that favor debtors (Texas & Florida) are the two most prominent.

Will you lose?

No one can tell you for sure.

Are you in a good position?

Yes, but OJ was in a better position.

If you have significant assets, now is the time to PROTECT them.

If you have significant assets, hire a lawyer to help YOU PROTECT your wealth.

Don't be pound wise and penny foolish.

You asked, "Is adjudication withheld and no pros considered a favorable ruling?"

It isn't as favorable as OJ'S "NOT GUILTY" verdict.

It is a plausible, albeit weak, affirmative defense.

But, from what you say, its all you'll have.

If you live from paycheck to paycheck, Mad Magazine's Alfred E, Newman's query comes to mind, "What, me worry?"

Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back