Between a Rock and a Hard Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcfarl1

I'm kinda in between a rock and a hard place right now, and I'm not sure what to do. I'm being wrongly accused for being involved with a 17 year old girl here in Torrington who I hardly know. I do kind of know the girl from when I was assisting Mr. Zigweid at THS with promoting music with the Torrington High School Band as a member of the National Honorary Band Fraternity, Kappa Kappa Psi, as well as various stories and photos I did for the Torrington Telegram during my time with them. We have talked some via facebook messenger regarding band, but in no way have the conversations been anything sexual or in terms of a relationship. After I've told the truth several times, the mother of the girl is threatening to report me to police and family services. I would never do something of the like to a minor….I come from a good family, and have morals. I have requested character references be sent to me from family and friends who know me to help prove my honesty to the mother of the girl and the courts if the need arises.

Do you have any suggestions? I really cannot afford to be charged for something I did not, nor have the intentions of doing.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You need to go ahead an contact a lawyer. If she does report this, it can turn into a real sticky mess, real fast.

Personally I wouldn't sweat it.
You have nothing to worry about unless you are contacted by police. Until then, no worries. Unless the girl is going to directly accuse you of something (which she would be guilty of as well) it won't go anywhere.
They call it jail bait for a reason... stay away.

It's true that if she does accuse him, then she's guilty of the same, however she won't be accused of a crime. He would. And I know this has been brought up here before that if she has a good enough story in court, it could mean major trouble for him.

As I said, I would consult a lawyer. He doesn't need to fully hire one right now, but a consult wouldn't hurt.

I have a better one for you. The age of consent in Wyoming is 16. Don't sweat it. She's legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back