Best Child Support state??

Status
Not open for further replies.

betsie

What state offers the best in terms of Child Support for a custodial parent? am told differents states have different guidelines......

I have delt with only 3 states but i have to say that california is a bull dog. they don't care where you are or what amount of money you earn you owe you pay. best of luck what ever you do

Why in the world would a CP care about this? You can only file in the state where you have residency. If you want to move, you must be in the new state for at least 6 months before you file anything, in most states.

That will give the other parent plenty of time to file for custody and support in their state, or ask that the child be returned.

You cannot move the child anywhere you want. Hopefully for the sake of the child the other parent will be practive to make sure the CP is not moving for solely child support purposes and take court action.

Why in the world would a CP care about this? You can only file in the state where you have residency. If you want to move, you must be in the new state for at least 6 months before you file anything, in most states.

That will give the other parent plenty of time to file for custody and support in their state, or ask that the child be returned.

You cannot move the child anywhere you want. Hopefully for the sake of the child the other parent will be practive to make sure the CP is not moving for solely child support purposes and take court action.

I concur! Sounds like you're more worried about money than your child's well-being (if you are the CP wanting to move the child around for monetary reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back