Best Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkolster

I have a question regarding Class Action Suits. How does one get one started?

Best Buy is doing something I think is illegal.

They currently giving away promotional gift cards with purchases like buy $1,000 and receive $100 gift card. Sounds great until you decide to return the item within their policy of 30 days and are told you must keep the gift card and the $100 will be deducted from the balance even if you still have the unused gift card. You are now forced to buy something at their store or loose your $100.

Am I just whining or is messed up?

Thanks,

Michael

You return the merchandise and the card and you raise hell until they want to get you out of the store. You do not have to accept the gift card unless it is expressly written that any returns will result in the retention of the gift card and $100.00 will Not be refunded as part of the promotion.

It is expressly written that you must keep the card but that does not make it right. Who reads the small print at the register before purchasing an item at Best Buy. The lines are long enough without reading the details below the details.

I already raised hell with the store manager and he said sorry that is the policy and they don't have any way of taking money back from gift cards. I will not even start on what a sham gift cards are...

I have seen credit card companies lose class action suits over late fees that were, in my opinion, nothing compared to what Best Buy is doing.

Well, for a class action first you need a class. That is a lot of plaintiffs with the same claim. It is up to you to find them and get them organized. Then you have to convince a judge that this crowd of plaintiffs really qualifies as being a class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back