bengal cats proof of ownership with not tica papers

daniel U

tica papers are somthing people typicly get when buying a bengal. my mother use to breed bengal cats and also gave me to bengals. i wanted proof of ownership so wouldnt be any question as to wich are mine but told oh you dont need all that ect, so i was wondering is there another legal way pay a lawyer maybe write up an affadevit and get it signed ? whta would be sufficient as proof of ownership?

Cats do not have titles and TICA is only a genetic registry. Best you're likely to get is a bill of sale or purchase contract.

Hold on @daniel U :

Here is the LAW on owning TIGERS in Florida and elsewhere in the USA:

Class I wildlife, which includes tigers and lions, is prohibited from personal possession unless the animal was possessed on or before August 1, 1980; or on or before August 27, 2009 for cougars, panthers or cheetahs.

Permits are required for public exhibition, sale or personal possession of Class II wildlife which include bobcats, servals and caracals. All generation of Savannah cats are legal.

Class I animals (includes panthera cats) can not be kept for personal use – must be commercial exhibitors.

Class I permit requires 1 year and 1000 hours experience, details of experience and place acquired and 2 references.

Documented educational experience in zoology or other relevant biological sciences, obtained at the college or technical school level or above, may substitute for up to six months or 500 hours of the required experience.

The Class I permit applicant still has to prove another documented 500 hours or 6 months, if they have the Biological Sciences qualifications.

Class I exhibitors must post a $10,000.00 bond or carry 2 million in liability insurance.

Class I animal permits require that facilities for Class I animals must be constructed on properties of not less than 5 acres in size.

Under a Class II and Class III permit, animals as large as mountain lions can be kept for pets. Class II permits require 1,000 hours experience, or 100 hours experience and successful completion of a test.

Class II and Class III wildlife shall not be possessed in multi-unit dwellings unless the dwelling in which they are housed is equipped with private entrance, exit, and yard area.

Class II permits for mountain lion, require that facilities for mountain lions must be constructed on properties of not less than 2 acres in size.

Applicants for a Class III animals must be at least 16 years of age and shall require the satisfactory completion of a questionnaire developed by the Commission that assesses the applicant's knowledge of general husbandry, nutritional, and behavioral characteristics.

All permits require adherence to structural cage requirements.

There are more than 1500 tigers in Florida, but less than 100 of them are in accredited facilities.

Florida issues more than 4000 exotic ownership permits each year and has to employ 27 inspectors at a cost to tax payers of 1.5 million dollars per year, just to allow people to keep, breed and sell exotic pets.

Insofar as legally owning a tiger, that is restricted in 42 US States (of which FLORIDA is one of those states).

Owning a pet tiger is considered legal or unregulated in ONLY eight states, all of which have rather lax regulatory laws concerning animal rights in general: North Carolina, Alabama, Delaware, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Carolina, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.

You might wish to reconsider your decision, or if you bought the animal, contact your Florida wildlife agency or county sheriff to arrange it's removal.

Hold on @daniel U :

Here is the LAW on owning TIGERS in Florida and elsewhere in the USA:

Class I wildlife, which includes tigers and lions, is prohibited from personal possession unless the animal was possessed on or before August 1, 1980; or on or before August 27, 2009 for cougars, panthers or cheetahs.

Permits are required for public exhibition, sale or personal possession of Class II wildlife which include bobcats, servals and caracals. All generation of Savannah cats are legal.

Class I animals (includes panthera cats) can not be kept for personal use – must be commercial exhibitors.

Class I permit requires 1 year and 1000 hours experience, details of experience and place acquired and 2 references.

Documented educational experience in zoology or other relevant biological sciences, obtained at the college or technical school level or above, may substitute for up to six months or 500 hours of the required experience.

The Class I permit applicant still has to prove another documented 500 hours or 6 months, if they have the Biological Sciences qualifications.

Class I exhibitors must post a $10,000.00 bond or carry 2 million in liability insurance.

Class I animal permits require that facilities for Class I animals must be constructed on properties of not less than 5 acres in size.

Under a Class II and Class III permit, animals as large as mountain lions can be kept for pets. Class II permits require 1,000 hours experience, or 100 hours experience and successful completion of a test.

Class II and Class III wildlife shall not be possessed in multi-unit dwellings unless the dwelling in which they are housed is equipped with private entrance, exit, and yard area.

Class II permits for mountain lion, require that facilities for mountain lions must be constructed on properties of not less than 2 acres in size.

Applicants for a Class III animals must be at least 16 years of age and shall require the satisfactory completion of a questionnaire developed by the Commission that assesses the applicant's knowledge of general husbandry, nutritional, and behavioral characteristics.

All permits require adherence to structural cage requirements.

There are more than 1500 tigers in Florida, but less than 100 of them are in accredited facilities.

Florida issues more than 4000 exotic ownership permits each year and has to employ 27 inspectors at a cost to tax payers of 1.5 million dollars per year, just to allow people to keep, breed and sell exotic pets.

Insofar as legally owning a tiger, that is restricted in 42 US States (of which FLORIDA is one of those states).

Owning a pet tiger is considered legal or unregulated in ONLY eight states, all of which have rather lax regulatory laws concerning animal rights in general: North Carolina, Alabama, Delaware, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Carolina, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.

You might wish to reconsider your decision, or if you bought the animal, contact your Florida wildlife agency or county sheriff to arrange it's removal.
Bengals are a breed of house cat. :)

Bengal cat - Wikipedia

Back