Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Bench Warrant

ElFuu1985

I have been charged & found guilty of Driving Under the Influence (DUI) in 2011. Since then i have not been able to complete the programs that the court has ordered for me to do so. July of 2014 was the 3rd time the Judge had let me re-enroll in the program. The Judge had advised me that if I was to not complete the program again that I was going to do jail time.

Now in April of 2015, I have a Bench Warrant for my arrest but i cannot afford to go back to jail again because i have a permanent full time job & I'm a single father of 4 kids, the only provider for my kids.

I don't know what to do... I'm tired of going back and forth with this issue... Every time i have a job to pay i get re-enrolled n then i get laid off due to business cuts.

I have been charged & found guilty of Driving Under the Influence (DUI) in 2011. Since then i have not been able to complete the programs that the court has ordered for me to do so. July of 2014 was the 3rd time the Judge had let me re-enroll in the program. The Judge had advised me that if I was to not complete the program again that I was going to do jail time.

Now in April of 2015, I have a Bench Warrant for my arrest but i cannot afford to go back to jail again because i have a permanent full time job & I'm a single father of 4 kids, the only provider for my kids.

I don't know what to do... I'm tired of going back and forth with this issue... Every time i have a job to pay i get re-enrolled n then i get laid off due to business cuts.

You can try talking to some local attorneys and asking if there's anything you can do to lessen the pain.
Its my experience that when a judge issues a bench warrant, the matter has become personal.
It can be turned around, SOMETIMES with an apology, an explanation, and a plea for mercy.
Good luck.

You had FOUR chances to take the classes, and you failed to do so. While I empathize with your situation, I also believe that the court has been overly generous and patient with you on this matter.

As AJ suggested, you might consider speaking to some local attorneys as to your options. Perhaps enroll in a program before you appear before the judge again to show that are in a program. Yes, I know it costs money - but so will going to jail. You're not going to keep getting a free pass.

Back