Being Written Up

S

saralee143

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
So I work in fast food. My place has a drive thru. I went to New Hamsphire for the day. I got my manager a carton of cigarettes and dropped them off. My friend was driving and had my mom and i in the car. she decided she was hungry, and chose to go through my work place drive thru. She has glasses and was reading the board, kinda took her time cause she doesnt eat there a lot. Then pulled up to the window, the manager on yelled at her asking why we went through the drive thru and shoved the drinks through the window, and then came back and tossed the food at my friend. My friend asked if there was a way to write a comment and tell corporate what happened. I pointed to the survey and she told them. then i got a text from the restraunt manager telling me that my mom and i have to come in the next day. so we tried explaining it to her. shee didn't listen and wrote us up, for going through the drive thru and lettingg my friend write about what happened. is that even legal?

Legal? Yes.
Appropriate? That is for the company to decide.
Is there a company rule about employees not using the drive thru? If so then it seems you broke the rule.

Are employees not allowed to go through drive thru (it doesn't matter if someone else was driving) or your Mother took too much time reading board & too much time ordering?

Based on what you posted, it doesn't seem write ups were illegal though.

Tell me, what law do you believe exists that tells an employer when they are and are not allowed to write up an employee?

Back